Job Title: Class 1 Truck Driver
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Class 1 Truck Driver, under the direction of the Dispatcher, will primarily be responsible to comply with applicable legislation, including safe operation, carriage of goods, drivers’ hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs, and immigration, and weights and dimensions.
This position will operate all company equipment needed to communicate with company dispatchers such as radio, cell phone, or computer in order to receive information, updates, and passenger locations. This role will also maintain accurate and complete records associated with the dispatch of vehicles. The Class 1 Truck Driver must possess certifications or licenses appropriate to the transportation industry and five years of related experience in the transportation industry.
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Time Management
- Comply with applicable legislation, including safe operation, carriage of goods, drivers’ hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, customs and immigration, and weights and dimensions
- Operate all company equipment needed to communicate with company dispatchers such as radio, cell phone, or computer in order to receive information, updates, and passenger locations
- Maintain accurate and complete records associated with the dispatch of vehicles
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles
- Plan logistics of the trip, and obtain appropriate paperwork to transport goods, materials, or passengers
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections on vehicle and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
- Operate and drive vehicles to transport goods, materials, or passengers over varying distances
- Maintain contact with dispatcher in accordance with travel plan
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift, including daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, and hours of service, following applicable provincial and federal regulations
- Prepare appropriate paperwork for shipping, including bills of lading, customs forms, and invoices
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Provide feedback to management regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads in accordance with established safety requirements
- Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle to maintain appropriate service levels
- Certifications or licences appropriate to the transportation industry
- Five years of related experience in the transportation industry
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian driving rules and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Acknowledgement And Agreement
Envirem Organics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Envirem Organics Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
If you are interested in this opportunity please follow the link below and email us with your CV attached.